The new microSD card is categorised as a “premium edition card” for smartphones and tablets. In other words: owning a card of this size will essentially turn your mobile device into a hard drive that can save more files than most solid state drive-equipped laptops available right now.
That said, SanDisk’s new card, which will cost around $400 at launch, only delivers 90MB/s transfer speeds. Although that isn’t comparable to modern SSDs, you’ll be able to transfer up to 1,200 photos in just one minute. Thus, with this card, you won’t need to buy additional storage for quite some time, or at least until SanDisk breaks another record.
Breakthrough capacity of 200GB** means you never have to stop shooting, saving, and sharing. This durable microSDXC™ UHS-I card can hold up to 20 hours of Full HD video** before you even have to think about moving anything to your PC. And with premium card-to-PC transfer speeds, you can transfer up to 1200 photos a minute**. Built to perform in extreme conditions, SanDisk Ultra®microSDXC cards are water proof, temperature proof, shock proof, X-ray proof and magnet proof**. The 200GB Premium Edition is rated Class 10 for Full HD video ** recording performance and comes with a SD™ adapter and a ten-year limited warranty**.
- Ideal for premium Android™-based smartphones and tablets
- Transfer up to 1200 photos a minute with premium transfer speed of up to 90MB/s**
- Holds up to 20 hours of Full HD video**
- Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback
- Water proof, temperature proof, shock proof, X-ray proof and magnet proof**
- Comes with SD™ adapter for use in MIL cameras